Thursday, October 7, 2010

NEW POST NEW POSTTTTTTT

Ok now that that is out of the way... I have a ton of things to write about but I have yet to make time to do so.... I know LAME. BUT that being said. I am EXCITED.

I MADE HOMEMADE spaghetti sause a few days ago. I had tomatos in my freezer my mom sent with me, sshhhhhh, last year. I didn't know what I wanted to do with them. So I grabbed a bag defrosted them and looked on the internet for some ideas. I happend to hate most of the ideas i saw so i stole a few ingredient ideas and ran to the store.

I came back with a pretty looking onion, two cans of crushed tomatos, a can of tomato paste. Then I went and took a nap. AND it was great. But then i got to work. I threw some tasty evoo in a big pot on mid-high heat. Then went ax-murderer on a whole onion and 2 big cloves of garlic. I then put all of that in the pot.  I then let them brown. I have chopped and frozen basil from Trader Joes that i now love. (Imagine a tiny ice try only pre-chopped and measured basil and garlic rather than water... :/ ) I tossed the bag of drained tomatos, 3 chunks of basil, the tomato paste, and the 2 cans of crushed tom in the pan. I stirred all this and then added a bit of garlic salt, an other Italian spices in and put a lid on it. little did I know. It got REALLY hot and was boiling. I took the lid off and it was one angry pot of sause. Next think i knew, I had scalding hot spagitti sause ALL over my eye lids, nose, forehead, and cheeks. It was so hot it left burn marks below my eye and on my nose.... At least it was SO good.

No comments:

Post a Comment